Represented by Jan Murphy Gallery, Brisbane. Australia.
Born: Ipswich, Australia | 1985
Academic staff. University of New South Wales. Art & Design. Sydney. 2017.
Academic staff. Queensland College of Art. Griffith University. Brisbane. 2012- 2016.
Flying Arts Queensland. Artist on Tour regional/ rural workshop facilitation. 2011 - 2015.
Independent arts facilitator. Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin, Gold Coast, Townsville, 2012 -
2017. PhD commenced. University of New South Wales. Art & Design.
2012. Bachelor of Photography 1st Class Hons. Queensland College of Art. Griffith University.
* Fur. Solo exhibition. Australian Centre for Photography. Sydney. 2018.
* Heatwave. Solo exhibition. Gould Galleries. Melbourne. 2017.
* Subtropics. Solo exhibition. Spiro Grace Art Rooms. Brisbane. 2016.
* Paradise. Solo exhibition. Spiro Grace Art Rooms. Brisbane. 2015.
* Paradise. Solo exhibition. Kick Contemporary Arts, Cairns. 2014.
* Creature. Solo exhibition. Brisbane Powerhouse. 2014.
* A Million Bucks. Solo exhibition. Ipswich Art Gallery. 2013.
* Beast. Solo exhibition. Spiro Grace Art Rooms. Spring Hill. 2013.
* 50ft McQueenie, Solo exhibition. Metro Arts. Brisbane. 2012.
* Steel Town Disciples Solo exhibition. Queensland Centre for Photography. 2012.
* Photo LA. Los Angeles, USA. 2012.
* Flipside: Contemporary Australian Photography, Bergamot Station, Los Angeles, USA. 2012
* Photo LA. Los Angeles, USA. 2011
* Sunshine Coast Art Prize. Caloundra Regional Gallery. 2017.
* The William and Winifred Bowness Photography Prize. Monash Gallery of Art. 2017.
* Fisher's Ghost Art Award. Campbelltown Arts Centre. 2017.
* Josephine Ulrick and Win Schubert Photography Prize. Gold Coast City Gallery. 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014.
* The Churchie Emerging Art Prize. Griffith University Art Gallery. 2014.
* Polarized: Political Photomedia in Queensland. Colour Factory Melbourne. 2013.
* Uncanny. Group Exhibition. Judith Wright Centre. Fortitude Valley. 2013.
* North by Northwest, Head On Photo Festival. Sydney.
* Synchronicity: Queensland Contemporary Photography, Grafton Regional Gallery, NSW.
* Reveal: Midsumma, 1000 Pound Bend, Melbourne.
* No Longer So Linear, Queensland Centre for Photography, Brisbane.
Publications & Presentations
* British Journal of Photography. Gerwyn Davies’ Beast. September 2013.
* Sturgeon Magazine. Gerwyn Davies: Chux, Glitter and the Occasional Hissy Fits. April 2015.
* Plastik Magazine. Gerwyn Davies: The Tacky & Grotesque of Life Down Under. Spring 2017.
* Carnival Magazine. Gerwyn Davies. Beast | Paradise. 2014.
* Lisa Bryan-Brown. Glisten: Gerwyn Davies' Subtropics. 2016.
* Dr Nadia Buick. The Body Made Strange: Gerwyn Davies' Beast. 2013.
* ‘The Fashioning of Identity’. Artist panel. Griffith University Art Museum. 2017.
* GoMA | Gallery of Modern Art. Brisbane. Cindy Sherman: Public program artist talk. July 2016.
* Museum of Brisbane. Costumes from the Golden Age of Hollywood. Public artist talk. April 2015.
* ArtBank Roland (2015) and Milk (2013),
* Gold Coast City Gallery Prawn (2016) and Paradise (2014)
* Redlands Gallery Tropics (2016)
* Lady Cilento Hospital Pineapple (2016) Tropics (2016) and Banana (2013),
* Queensland Centre for Photography Butcher (2010) collections;
* Australian, US, German, Chilean private collections
Selected Awards & Grants
* Kyoto Arts Centre Exchange. Australia Council Residency and Grant. 2018.
* Art Bank/ QPAC Photo Playhouse Commission. 2015.
* Josephine Ulrick and Win Schubert Photography Prize finalist 2017, 2016, 2015 & 2014.
* The William and Winifred Bowness Photography Prize finalist. Monash Gallery of Art 2017.
* Sunshine Coast Art Prize finalist 2017.
* Fisher's Ghost Art Award finalist. Campbelltown Arts Centre 2017.
* Clayton Utz Art Award finalist 2016.
* Churchie National Emerging Art Prize finalist 2014.
* Arts Queensland Creative Development Grant.
* National Association for the Visual Arts (NAVA) Australian Artists Grant
* Ipswich Arts Foundation Scholarship 2012 recipient.
* Capture Magazine Top Emerging Fashion/Editorial Photographer of 2012.
* ACMP Australian Student Photographer of the Year, ACMP. 2011.